2017 Garden Season Info
If you’re a gardener at Kincaid Street Community Garden this summer, than this page is for you! Here is some additional and handy info for you:
Lydia Yoder, Email Lydia here.
Garden Growing Advisor
James Simkins, Email James here.
Garfield Community Action Team Volunteers
Minette Vaccariello Email Minette here.
Gary Cirrincone Email Gary here.
Guidelines for Garden Member
- Share the space: The north side of the garden (with the Little Free Library) is a shared space. All garden members will share all garden plots on the north side of the garden and will collectively plant, maintain, and harvest the plots. The south side of the garden is to be reserved for garden members who would like their own individual garden plot.
- Cover the costs: There is a suggested $10 membership fee for individuals or $20 for families to help cover the costs of tools and materials. Give more if you feel so inclined, or give less if you can’t afford it. For garden members who would like a personal plot on the south side of the garden, they must pay an additional $5 for each plot. You can pay by giving cash or a check to Lydia.
- Maintain and sustain: Each garden member should work in the garden at least 6 hours per month, or 12 hours per month per family. A list of suggested tasks will be posted on the side of the Little Free Library each week. Weekly tasks include things like watering plants and pulling weeds in and around the garden beds.
- Harvest: Members are welcome to harvest whatever they can eat while keeping in mind that they are sharing with many other members.
- Enter at your own risk: Kincaid Street Garden doesn’t own the four lots that it sits on. One of the lots is part of a long-term agreement with East Liberty Development Inc. The other three lots have been abandoned by private owners. Because of this, Kincaid Street Garden is unable to hold liability insurance.